Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, February 21, 2011

Freak of the Week: Marcus Moto Design F1 Tracker

Marcus Moto Design F1 Tracker
Freak of the Week #10, woohoo! Every week, I'm out looking for something balls off the wall crazy, polarizing or just weird and worth talking about.

And this time, I thank BikeEXIF's Facebook fanpage for this week's find. Really, it is a bit odd that BikeEXIF decided to post this incredible motorcycle on their Facebook fanpage wall, but not on the main site. On the other hand, I kind of see why. The fans of BikeEXIF that regularly come to the site to see custom classic cafe racers won't be ready for this at all!


Older F1 fans will remember the Ferrari 312T driven by Ferrari's ace, Niki Lauda. Not a particularly attractive race car, I'll admit, but it did win the 1975 World Constructor's Championship before tall air boxes were banned in 1976. If anything, this is a testament of creativity and courage from the custom motorcycle builders Marcus Moto Design when they embraced such an unlikely race car for inspiration.

Based on a Ducati 996, this custom motorcycle features flat track style bmx handlebars as well as an extensive use of carbon fiber.

I'll be honest, I'm an idiot when it comes to bikes. But, stylistically, custom bikes are absolutely fascinating and thanks to BikeEXIF, I've caused myself a bit of an addiction.


So if you like this bike half as much as I do and also have the funds to make dreams happen, you'd be happy to know that you can buy this bike now! For more information, contact Marcus Moto Design  and be sure to have your check ready.


Happy President's Day to our American viewers! Hope you guys enjoyed the three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment