Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Freak of the Week: Very Conspicuous.


In New York City, it'll take you days to find a parking spot. The experienced have many strategies. Some double park to stay put when they have a feeling that someone's about to pull out of a spot, and others circle like vultures looking for gaps. Driveway... driveway... driveway... fire hydrant... driveway... driveway... don't event think about it... driveway... driveway... no parking anytime except blue moons.... It really tires me out. Don't get me wrong, I love driving, but I get fed up with parking very quickly.

You wouldn't understand then, unless you live in a city yourself, just how ecstatic it feels to move on with your life. I get so ecstatic that I jump out the car and engage a full on sprint in order to make up the lost time and meet with my engagement scheduled yesterday. It's that bad.

Just last night, I borrowed my parent's car, and went to meet my friend for a movie. When it was time to leave, I was in trouble. The problem with leaving the car in a hurry is the terrible task of recalling where you had left it. It's pathetic, I know, but I promise you that I tried! My solution has been to take a note on my cell phone to remind me where I parked.

Good, it's 71st and 112th. That's not so hard! Wait... 71st Street? Or was it 71st Road? Where am I now? 71st Drive? Forest Hills is impossible.

Finally, I found the damn car, and I realized that I had already walked right passed it twice. It was a beige Nissan. And so was every other car on the street. I'm sure you all can understand, then.

I can't say the same for Mr. Yannick Sire, though, who's the man behind "The Priapism", the name of the car meaning-- a state of constant painful, arousal. Quite appropriately named, for such an inappropriately sexy piece of work. Obviously, Yannick wouldn't know a thing about beige Nissans at all.

Featured on windingroad.com, the video below is from OliandJoe.com. Freak of the Week #11! Enjoy!

YS from OliandJoe on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment